New York Live Arts’ Fiscal Sponsorship program is a simple and affordable way for independent artists and companies to raise funds, allowing artists to solicit tax-deductible donations and apply for grants. Through sponsorship, members are able to raise the money they need to produce their work, pay their performers and collaborators, and thereby contribute to the growing ecology of dance and performance in New York and beyond.
New York Live Arts’ Fiscal Sponsorship Program is modeled as a grantor/grantee relationship. This means that New York Live Arts receives donations and grants on behalf of member projects and then re-grants those funds directly to the sponsees after only a brief two and a half week waiting period, putting artists directly in control of their money and supporting their development as innovative creators with sound business skills.
New York Live Arts is able to sponsor movement and body based performance and educational projects – this includes theater projects as well as visual arts projects that may have a movement/performance component.
Our Program Features:
- Online donations via newyorklivearts.org
- Innovative crowdsourcing tools via Indigogo Generosity
- A payout system that puts artists in direct control of their earnings
- A low and simple 6% processing fee for both checks and online donations, designed to meet the needs of independent artists
- No waiting period to start applying for grants
- Consultations available for grant writing and fundraising support to increase the effectiveness of your campaigns
- Fast turnaround on approval for grants and fundraising materials
- Non-curated, easy enrollment
Have More Questions?
Check out the FAQs page for more information about fees, enrollment, and why New York Live Arts’ Fiscal Sponsorship program is the best fit for independent artists.
Ready to Get Started?
There are three easy steps to becoming fiscally sponsored:
First you have to become a Live Core member, which you can easily do online here.
Then you can prepare your application materials, which should include the following:
- Mission statement
- Project description including the public element of the work
- Brief timeline of activities
- Budget (including expected expenses and fundraising plans to meet those expenses)
- Two documents showing working artist status (these can include programs from previous performances, flyers and promotional materials, press releases, etc.)
Finally you will schedule an intake meeting with Ash Yergens to review your materials and to go over the specifics of the program. Voila! You’re fiscally sponsored.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Giving to Sponsored Artists
Individuals can make 100% tax-deductible contributions to artists who are enrolled in New York Live Arts’ Fiscal Sponsorship Program.
To designate your gift towards the appropriate artist, please select their name from the drop-down on the second page of the donation form. If you do not see the artists’ name that you would like to make a gift towards, please contact them directly to find out how you can support their work.