Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company Education
Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company’s education programs create dynamic learning experience guided by the following goals:
- to provide education programs that target artists at all stages of their career
- to develop socially aware citizens and artists capable of questioning deeply and making meaningful, creative, and
- innovative contributions to their society and world
- to employ teaching strategies that target participants’ physical, analytical, collaborative, and creative capacities
- to support and create long-term partnerships with education organizations that have complimentary goals
Classes with the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company are rooted in the style of the Company as developed by Bill T. Jones and Janet Wong.
Company Creative Residencies
In creative residencies, teaching artists utilize specific Company works as the springboard to guide students to choreograph a new work. These intensive residencies hone students' creative and technical skills, teaching them the Company approaches and choreographic structures that generated the specific work as well as key phrase material from the work. Creative residencies allow colleges and universities to offer their students the same, intense encounter with the Company as licensing projects, but feature a more flexible timeline and budget.
Licensing the works of the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company through New York Live Arts provides universities with the opportunity to engage in a well-rounded, extensive learning experience rooted in a significant work from the company's repertory. Our program is shaped by the core belief that a work of art should provide all students with the opportunity to learn about process, values, skills, and motivating ideas, as well as provide performance opportunities for select dancers.
The first year of a four year partnership that brings the repertory and pedagogical and performative philosophy of the Company to LMU's campus and the Los Angeles area. Students will perform Continuous Replay, Love Redefined, and D-Man in the Waters (Part 1), study with current company members and company alum/LMU faculty member Rosalynde LeBlanc, and receive exclusive access to lectures and master classes by Bill T. Jones and the Company.