Education & Engagement
New York Live Arts education and engagement programs begin with the certainty that people of all ages have important and illuminating things to say, questions to ask and ways to creatively contribute.
Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company’s education programs create dynamic learning experience guided by the following goals:
- to provide education programs that target artists at all stages of their career
- to develop socially aware citizens and artists capable of questioning deeply and making meaningful, creative, and
- innovative contributions to their society and world
- to employ teaching strategies that target participants’ physical, analytical, collaborative, and creative capacities
- to support and create long-term partnerships with education organizations that have complimentary goals
January 14-19,2020 with the Company taught by Shane Larson and Huiwang Zhang
March 16-20, 2020 with Jennifer Nugent
Ongoing classes intended for dancers who desire a thorough and thoughtful practice or tune up. We offer a range of classes from open company classes that are rooted in the style of the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company to master classes with Live Arts’ season artists and professional teachers including dancers in the company.
Space is limited. Advance purchase is recommended.
We will begin releasing spots to the wait list 5 minutes prior to the beginning of each class.
An intimate conversational platform founded on the belief that cultural institutions can and should be a catalyst for societal transformation by participating in a world of ideas. Open Spectrum provides a space for community dialogue on the most vital issues facing our community today, engaging participants in active listening, constructive discourse and action planning.
New York Live Arts’ Plus program is designed to allow mission-aligned performing arts organizations access to state-of-the-art facilities and support toward the growth of their work.