“The world of ideas – if it is really allowed to do what it should do – is a rigorous, scary, challenging place. If you’re going to participate with people at their peak of asking questions, gaining information, making things, you have to be on your game. That’s what I want my life to be about.”
– Bill T. Jones
Loyola Marymount University
The first year of a four year partnership that brings the repertory and pedagogical and performative philosophy of the Company to LMU’s campus and the Los Angeles area. Students will perform Continuous Replay, Love Redefined, and D-Man in the Waters (Part 1), study with current company members and company alum/LMU faculty member Rosalynde LeBlanc, and receive exclusive access to lectures and master classes by Bill T. Jones and the Company.
The National YoungArts Foundation was established in 1981 by Lin and Ted Arison to identify and support the next generation of artists, and to contribute to the cultural vitality of the nation by investing in the artistic development of talented young artists in the visual, literary, and performing arts. YoungArts provides emerging artists with life-changing experiences with renowned mentors, access to significant scholarships, national recognition, and other opportunities throughout their careers to help ensure that the nation’s most outstanding emerging artists are encouraged to pursue careers in the arts.
In 2013, New York Live Arts Executive Artistic Director Bill T. Jones, Frank Gehry, and Plácido Domingo were appointed Artistic Advisors to YoungArts. In this role and in conjunction with Gehry and Domingo, Jones assists with the expansion of YoungArts programs, increasing the organization’s service to emerging artists nationwide.
Under Jones’ direction, New York Live Arts is proud to further the mission of YoungArts by providing its winners and alumni continued support throughout their artistic development.
• Connect YoungArts winners to Bard College arts programs, facilitating interviews with faculty members and preview classes
• Provide scholarships to YoungArts winners and alumni for New York Live Arts and Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company workshops and classes
• Provide apprenticeships to YoungArts dance winners and alumni with the Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company
• Provide master teachers for YoungArts Week and YoungArts regional events
• Consult and provide guidance to YoungArts alumni working in the performing arts