VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES & INTERNSHIPS
New York Live Arts seeks creative and forward-thinking candidates for competitive administrative and production internships. All applicants are expected to be independent, computer-literate workers who are passionate about the arts; prior experience in the dance field is not required. Related educational or work experience is preferred.
Benefits include complimentary tickets to New York Live Arts events and, often, to events at other cultural venues. A close view will be afforded of the workings, both administrative and programmatic, of a major New York cultural institution that is active in local, regional, and global arenas.
Internships are offered year-round. The schedule and weekly hours are flexible. Applicants should be able to house themselves in the NY metro area. Internships are unpaid and targeted towards those seeking academic credit or work experience in a fast-paced arts organization.
Intern applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com . Please include the internship position you are applying for in the subject line.
This position works directly with the Director of Communications, Digital Media Coordinator, and Communications Assistant. The intern will participate in and support the full range of the department’s activities, including market research, departmental archiving and organization, and front of house duties.
- File, post and archive all press
- Update institutional and individual artist press kits
- Index and update institutional archive of images and videos
- Research press and marketing opportunities
- Distribute postcards, flyers and posters as directed
- Assist with research for social media and blog posts
- Restocking the lobby with resource materials and discarding expired materials
- Assist within the Communications Department and Front of House department as needed
- 10-12 hours a week. May require some evenings.
- Strong organizational skills
- Eye for detail
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive and Suite
All candidates should email their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Comms intern
New York Live Arts provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, or status as disabled veteran or any other prohibited basis in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.