Applications to Fresh Tracks Are Now Closed.
New York Live Arts’ Fresh Tracks Residency & Performance program is a season-long
residency for emerging movement-based artists in support of new work creation and
professional development. Fresh Tracks was a signature program of Dance Theater Workshop created in 1965 to bring new choreographic artistry to the forefront.
Four artists will be selected through an in person audition/interview. The residency includes:
● a 50-hour studio residency to develop a 10-15 min work.
● $3,500 fee
● professional development workshops led by renowned professionals from the field.
● exclusive access to Live Arts’ Communications, Development, Production and
● Live Core Artist Membership
● a fully-produced shared program in the New York Live Arts theater.
● Choreographer, multi-disciplinary artist, performer and educator nia love, is the Artistic Advisor.
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN AUDITION
Through an open-call application, 16 pre-selected choreographers will be invited to an in person interview in front of a panel of artists and professionals from the field. The interview will begin by viewing the video of the work submitted virtually. It will also include questions from the panel relating to their background, their work, their creative goals and what they hope to gain from the residency workshops. Please read through these guidelines before applying. If you are a choreographer who is part of a team, one of you may apply on behalf of the group. You may not save applications in process. Once applications are submitted they cannot be edited.
Sunday, August 20, 2023 by 11:59pm EST, no exceptions.
Monday, August 28, 2023 via email
Saturday, September 9, 2023 between 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
Each interview slot is twenty minutes long. Please read the guidelines below to determine your eligibility. There is no fee to audition.
Selected artists announced to artists: Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Selected artists announced to public: Week of September 25, 2023