Audition Notice - June 2021
This event is over
Audition Notice - June 2021
The Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company is holding auditions!
The deadline to submit applications is 11:59pm EST on Sunday, June 13, 202 with callbacks held in-person June 21-25.
Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company is looking for:
- One female-identifying highly skilled dancer with experience in acting and singing.
- One BIPOC male-identifying highly skilled dancer with experience in acting and singing. Male-identifying applicants 5’10” and taller preferred.
Start date is August 2, 2021. New York Live Arts offers Company members an annual wage starting at $40,000 plus health benefits over 52 weeks with approximately 35 scheduled rehearsal and touring weeks . Applicants must be fully vaccinated or open to getting vaccinated upon being hired.
AUDITION DETAILS: Auditions will be in the form of a virtual submission and an in-person callback process. Applicants will be asked to submit:
- CV and/or Resume
- (1) 5 minute video of movement based material from a rehearsal or performance that shows how the applicant dances and moves. If the section is part of a larger video, please note the time code.
- (1) video, no longer than 3 minutes, which includes the following:
- Introduce yourself – your name, where you’re from, tell us something about yourself
- Sing a song or a section of a song of your choice (if you can and feel comfortable)
- Answer this prompt: what was the most memorable moment in the last year?
SUBMISSION DETAILS: Applicants can submit audition applications through this Google Form. All videos must be submitted as a viewable link such as Vimeo or Youtube and not as a downloadable file. The deadline to submit applications is 11:59pm EST on Sunday, June 13, 2021. No phone calls please.
CALLBACK DATES: We ask that applicants please hold June 21-25 for callbacks. Callbacks will be in-person and will take place at New York Live Arts in the 3rd Floor Studios. Attendance at call backs will require everyone to follow Covid testing and safety guidelines.
- Applicants asked to attend callbacks may be asked to have a negative COVID test
- Applicants who are fully vaccinated, 2 weeks after a 2-dose series or 2 weeks after the J&J 1-dose series, will need to show proof of vaccination. They will not be asked to be tested. Vaccination cards along with a valid ID can be shown upon arrival or submitted to email@example.com.
- Applicants who are not fully vaccinated will be asked to get a PCR Covid Test within 72 hours of being on-site or a Rapid Covid Test within 6 hours of being on-site. Negative results from either test must be received and shown upon arrival or submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants coming on-site will need to fill out a health screening survey and temperature check upon arrival.
The Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company has performed worldwide in over 200 cities in 40 countries on every major continent. The Company’s repertory is widely varied in its subject matter, visual imagery and stylistic approach to movement, voice and stagecraft and includes music-driven works as well as works using a variety of texts. The Company has been acknowledged for its intense collaborative method of creation.