Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company
WHAT: Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company is looking for:
- One highly skilled lyric tenor who is versatile, has a good sense of pitch, and ability to sing unaccompanied confidently. Artist must be able to sing confidently in gospel/rb and neoclassical/contemporary styles.
Start date is the week of January 10, 2022. Musician will be involved with the productions of What Problem? and Deep Blue Sea, which will require availability for approximately 1 week of studio rehearsals total and 7 weeks of domestic touring. Rehearsal and touring dates are listed below and are subject to change. Applicants must be fully vaccinated by the first day of work.
- Week of January 10, 2022 and/or Week of January 18, 2022 – Studio rehearsals TBC
- January 20, 2022 1P – 6P – NYC Studio Rehearsal
- January 27 – 30, 2022 – Tour to Atlanta, Georgia
- February 3 – 6, 2022 – Tour to Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- February 10 – 12, 2022 -Tour to University Park, Pennsylvania
- March 16 – 20, 2022 – Tour to Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- March 23 – 27, 2022 – Tour to Seattle, Washington
- March 30 – April 3, 2022 – Tour to Tempe, Arizona
- April 27 – May 1, 2022 – Tour to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
AUDITION DETAILS: Auditions will be in the form of an in-person open call audition process. Auditions will take place on Friday, December 17 from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM at the New York Live Arts studios located at 219 West 19 Street, NY, NY, 10011, 3rd floor.
- Masks must be worn around the building at all times until the audition where masks can be removed to sing.
- Audition slots will be given on a first come-first serve basis.
- For those who wish to sign-up in advance are welcome to do so via the Google Form. Those who sign up in advance have a better chance of receiving an audition slot.
- For those who wish to audition and not sign-up in advance are encouraged to arrive at New York Live Arts to sign-up beginning at 4:00 PM.
- For those wishing to sign-up in person on the day of, audition slots will not be assigned prior to 4:00 PM.
Applicants will be asked to bring with them the following materials to the audition.
- Proof of vaccination will be required to show upon arrival. If you will not be fully vaccinated at the time of the audition, please email email@example.com
- CV and/or Resume and Headshot
- Those who sign-up to audition will be asked to learn and prepare to sing three sections of music from the works.
- Those who sign-up in advance will receive these materials before the audition.
- Those who sign-up in person will receive the materials that day.
- Auditioners can also prepare no more than two minutes of music in the style of gospel, r/b, or unaccompanied classical work.
- An accompanist will not be provided.
CALLBACK DETAILS: Callbacks will be scheduled, as needed, the week of December 20, 2021.
The Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company has performed worldwide in over 200 cities in 40 countries on every major continent. The Company’s repertory is widely varied in its subject matter, visual imagery and stylistic approach to movement, voice and stagecraft and includes music-driven works as well as works using a variety of texts. The Company has been acknowledged for its intense collaborative method of creation. www.newyorklivearts.org