Live Arts Building Closed; All public gatherings, classes & performances suspended
As the coronavirus (Covid-19) situation has evolved in NYC. and other businesses and services have become disrupted, New York Live Arts has determined we must close our building and suspend all public gathering, classes, and performances effective immediately, including:
- Live Feed In-Process performance of Ashley R.T. Yergen’s CU*T CU*TEMPORARY, today, March 13th (cancelled, refunds being processed).
- Live Arts Plus performance of A Tribute to Jason on March 14th (benefit performance).
- Opening Reception for Liliana Dirks-Goodman’s femmejoy installation on March 16th (cancelled).
- Open Classes with Jennifer Nugent, March 16-20 (cancelled, refunds being processed)).
- Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company work-in-progress performance of Deep Blue Sea at MASS MoCA, March 21st (cancelled).
- Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Company performance of Curriculum at Mana Contemporary, March 25th (cancelled).
The following events will be postponed to a later date to be announced:
- Live Feed World Premiere of Abby Z and The New Utility’s RADIOACTIVE PRACTICE, March 18-21.
- Live Feed World Premiere of Colleen Thomas’ light and desire, March 23-25.
- Live Arts Plus performance of The Block: An Afro-Musical by Lakaï Dance Theatre, March 27-29.
All tickets for upcoming season events will remain valid for the rescheduled date and we will notify you as soon as this is determined. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
These uncertain times are extremely challenging for all nonprofit arts organizations working and supporting artists in the field of live performance. If you are unable to attend our rescheduled date, we hope you will consider donating your ticket back to Live Arts which is a meaningful way to support us in continuing our mission.
New York Live Arts is committed to keeping our employees, artists, audiences, and guests safe. We will keep you informed with regular updates regarding the immediate future and the postponement of season events.
We thank you for your continued patronage and understanding!
Please take care,
New York Live Arts
You can help New York Live Arts continue our work of supporting artists and their careers while our space is temporarily closed and programming is paused. If you are able to make a donation at this time, your contribution will be used to help mitigate some of the losses our community is experiencing at this time.
Your generosity propels our work forward, and we thank you for all you do. Please stay safe and healthy in the weeks ahead. We will stay in touch as things progress.